Enrich your students’ learning. Improve your teaching. Save time!
Dolceta is an online Consumer Education project which has been constantly growing over a number of years. There are two main parts to the National Homepage:
1) By clicking on the icons in the Teachers’ Corner you can access a variety of lesson plans, fact sheets, resources or tools (e.g. worksheets, PowerPoints, games, web links). These target different age groups and many curriculum areas, such as home economics, maths, sciences, technology, textiles, business, languages, health and citizenship. There are also introductions to curriculum theory and implementation in the areas of consumer, finance and sustainable consumption.
2) Clicking on the icons in the bottom row will lead you to hundreds of articles on a range of consumer topics written with Malta and the European aspect in mind. These include consumer rights, financial services, product safety, sustainable consumption and services of general interest (electricity, gas, transport and so on). Although the articles target the general public, they also offer very useful background information as you are planning your lessons, or as reference material for your students.
Make learning fun!
The Dolceta website also has interactive quizzes which allow users to have fun while learning. By clicking on the Quiz button in the horizontal bar in the Homepage of every section you can access different types of quizzes on a variety of related topics.
Teaching Consumer Education
- Introduction to Consumer Education
- The Why, How and What of Financial Education
- Education for Sustainable Consumption
Lesson Plans and Resources or Tools
Healthy and Responsible Consumers
- Healthy and Safe Consumers
- Responsible Consumers
- Using Services Wisely
- Sustainable Consumption: Food and Drink
- Sustainable Consumption: At Home
- Sustainable Consumption: Looking Good
- Sustainable Consumption: Getting There